Procedures/Preparations >> Bacterial Overgrowth Test
Bacterial Overgrowth Test
- Fast for 12 hours before your test time, with no food and only water prior to the testing time.
- 2 Hours before the time to arrive, mix your prescription of enulose syrup with 8oz of water. Make sure the enulose syrup is dissolved, and then drink until finished.
- Do not eat any slow digesting foods like beans, bran or other high fiber cereals the day before your test.
- Do not sleep, smoke or exercise vigorously for at least 1/2 hour before your test.
- Please notify the doctor about any recent antibiotic therapy as well as recent/current diarrhea.
This test will take up at least 1 1/2 hours. You can bring reading materials or anything that you would like to do while sitting in the office.
If you need to reschedule or cancel please call : 732-458-8300 x 219